Get To Know Your HIV Status The Sexy Way
Last February 2015 marks the highest turnout of HIV cases in the Philippines in 30 years. It is indeed an alarm that has been ringing for quite some time now that we all must listen to. Yet, even though the bells have been ringing, most of us lent our deaf ear because of the stigma that we have been associating with HIV/AIDS instead of talking it out in the open.
Scare tactics? That’s no longer scary enough to let people know that their risky behaviours can lead them to a road most is already taking: sensation without protection.
Maybe we should already adopt a new way of making people get towards the way of getting to know their status. Now Klinika Bernardo introduces a sexy way for you to do this. Recently, they’ve launched the BernardoBuddies.Com.
In the Philippines, Klinika Bernardo is one of the well-known free HIV testing hubs. Here are some facts about Klinika Bernardo:
- Klinika Bernardo is the first ever social hygiene clinic (SHC) that caters mainly to males. SHCs are clinics that specialize in the detection and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV-AIDS.
- Klinika Bernardo operates beyond typical office hours to accommodate individuals who may be taking extended or night shifts. (Monday to Friday, 3 PM to 11 PM).
- Klinika Bernardo cooperates and collaborates with various institutions o fulfil its mission. The clinic conducts regular consultations with community-based organizations to gather information on HIV-AIDS. Among these groups is the AIDS Society of the Philippines, the Association of Spa, Massage Parlors, Clubs and KTV bar operators (SAMACKA), and Take the Test Inc.
Hosting the event are HIV advocates themselves. (L-R) Sebastian Castro, Divine Lee and Niccolo Cosme.
The Klinika Bernardo’s BernardoBuddies.Com aims to alleviate, if not fully remove, the stigma surrounding the act of being tested. Many Filipinos right now are afraid of getting to know their HIV status primarily because of the stigma of knowing it entails and myths that surround it. What we must know is that having HIV just like having cancer or hypertension. There might be no cure but there are still ways to avoid it escalating into a deadly state (AIDS). In fact, people living with HIV (PLHIV) can still live quality lives just like you. And this is the truth. Thus, Klinika Bernardo believes that “our power over HIV starts with knowing.” And through the BernardoBuddies.Com, MSM (male having sex with males) and those who are interested in knowing their HIV status will already have a sexy way to know it.
BernardoBuddies.Com showcased sexy men who will be assisting you once you schedule your HIV status at Klinika Bernardo. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. Why? First, you get to have a free HIV test (I repeat, that is for FREE) and second, you will be assisted by one of these young hot men once you have your free checkup.
Here are your Bernardo buddies.
Fitness Instructor, Datu.
Indie film movie actor, Edison.
Fresh grad and fresh-faced, Patrick.
Fil-Australian Model, Alex.
Banker and Martial Arts Fanatic, Alex.
Ready to get tested? Follow these steps.
1. Visit BernardoBuddies.Com
2. Fill up the form.
3. Click Submit
4. Wait for their confirmation of your schedule.
Tested positive? Here are 5 ways to live positively despite being HIV positive
Gay men as we are, abstinence is something that will not work on our end (if not for some but for the majority perhaps). After all, we are known to be “kings of sex.” And having sex is both a pleasure and responsibility. Today, being fit is no longer the measure of being sexy. Instead, you’re sexy when you know it. Get tested.
EDSA Across NEPA Q-Mart, Cubao, Quezon City
(at the back of Ramon Magsaysay High School)
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm
Get To Know Your HIV Status The Sexy Way
Latest posts by Joemar Belleza (see all)
- LoveYourself Expands with Three New HIV Testing Sites - 11/18/2018
- Single: Alone But Never Lonely - 11/06/2018
- “Mga Batang Poz” Will Confront Your Misconceptions About HIV - 09/29/2018
More from my site